Facebook, Inc. is an American based techonology company founded in 2004 by Mark Zuckerberg. Facebook is currently a top social media platform for sharing stories and memories which currently obtained over 2.38 billion users accross 180+ countries wordwide.
Facebook.com is a popular social networking and communication service launched on 4th February, 2004. It was established by Mark Zuckerberg with his school flat mates and few members of Harvard University students Eduardo Saverin, Andrew McCollum, Dustin Moskovitz and Chris Hughes. The site's participation was at first restricted by the professors of Harvard student, but it was later extended to different schools in the Ivy League, the Boston region, and gradually to most colleges in the United States/Canada corporations. By September 2006 it was issued to everybody with a valid email address including an age requirement of 13 years and above.
- In August 2009, Facebook gained social media ongoing news aggregator FriendFeed, a startup made by Gmail's first engineer Paul Buchheit.
- In February 2010, Facebook purchased Octazen Solutions, a Malaysian contact-fetching startup.
- On April 2, 2010, Facebook reported securing of a photo sharing assistance called Divvyshot for an undisclosed amount. In June 2010, an online commercial center for exchanging private Facebook stock mirrored a valuation of $11.5 billion.
- On April 12, 2012, Facebook acquired Instagram, an image sharing application around $1 billion in real money and stock.
- On March 8, 2013, Facebook declared that they acquired the group from Storylane, but not the product itself.
- On October 13, 2013, Facebook gained Onavo, an Israeli investigation organization, for roughly $120 million.
- On February 19, 2014, Facebook declared its acquisition of WhatsApp, a smartphone instant messaging application for $19 billion out of a mix of stock and money. The purchase is the highest ever paid for a funding sponsored startup.
- On March 25, 2014, Facebook reported they had obtained computer generated reality startup Oculus VR for $2 billion in real money and stock.
- In April 2020, Facebook, Inc. purchased a 9.9% stake in Jio, which was the most highest foreign direct interest in the Indian innovation sector.
- Access to Facebook is free of charge, and the company generates a large portion of its revenue from ads on the website.